Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Good Day                                                      My Garden                                  Shhhh

Featured Author : Kevin Henkes

Simple text with few words to a page, along with great illustrations make these books winners for toddlers.

Songs we enjoyed today:

Can You Shake Your Shaker with Me?
(Tune is 'London Bridge')
From Nancy Stewart; see nancymusic.com .
Can you shake your shaker with me,
Shake your shaker along with me
It’s as easy as can be
Now put it on your knee!
(Repeat with head, tummy, etc.)


When I Hear the Music
My hands like to clap, my hands like to clap
When I hear the music, my hands like to clap

My toes like to tap, my toes like to tap
When I hear the music, my toes like to tap

My head likes to nod, my head likes to nod
When I hear the music, my head likes to nod

My shoulders like to move, my shoulders like to move
When I hear the music, my shoulders like to move

My body likes to sway, my body likes to sway
When I hear the music, my body likes to sway
My shoulders like to move,
My head likes to nod,
My toes like to tap,
My hands like to clap


The Baby in the Cradle
The baby in the cradle goes rock, rock, rock.
(make rocking motions with arms)
The clock on the dresser goes tick tick tock.
(move index finger back and forth)
The rain on the window goes tap, tap, tap.
(tap child’s palm)
Now out comes the sun, so let’s clap, clap, clap!
(clap hands together)



Where is Big Toe?
Tune: Where is Thumbkin?
Where is big toe? Where is big toe?
Here I am; here I am!
Wiggle, wiggle, big toe
Wiggle, wiggle, big toe
My big toe, my big toe.
Where is elbow…bendy, bendy elbow
Where is tummy…squishy, squashy tummy
Where are two eyes…winky blinky two eyes
Where are two hands…happy clappy two hands


Shoo Fly
Shoo fly, don’t bother me,
(Wave hand to shoo away the fly)
Shoo fly, don’t bother me,
Shoo fly, don’t bother me,
I belong to somebody.
(Hug baby)


Dum Ditty
Dum ditty, dum ditty dum, dum dum
Can you hear me on my drum?
Dum ditty, dum ditty dum, dum dum
Beating my drum is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment