Monday, July 16, 2012

50 Literacy Activities for Babies

This site gives a great list of activities to do with your infant that promote literacy.  The opening paragraph before the list resonated with me and I hope it does with you, too.
At birth, an infant's brain is still developing and the experiences that we provide determine how the brain is developed. Literacy activities for infants involve more than just reading. Almost every activity that you do with infants can be considered a literacy activity. Each new activity and experience encourages brain connections that children will potentially use throughout their lifetime.
 http://earlyliteracycounts.blogspot.com/2010/08/50-literacy-activities-for-babies.html

As I posted about last week, I strongly believe in the importance of sensory play.  You know how babies and toddlers LOVE touch and feel books.  This link is for fabulous do it yourself board books using common items and hot glue.  If anyone tries this, I'd love to hear how they turn out!  Or send me your pictures of the final products and I will post them on the blog as time and space permits.

http://www.teachpreschool.org/2012/07/diy-toddler-board-books/

No comments:

Post a Comment